Before working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), it is important to have the right skills and knowledge. This 1-day Foundation level training is all you need to get started!
The training offers a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs. You will learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies. We explore essential concepts and terminology for working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will also get to know many of the computing and storage services available in Google Cloud Platform, including Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, and Google Container Engine.
What You'll Learn
Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud Platform.
- Define the components of Google’s network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud Platform.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management.
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform.
Getting started with Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- The several technologies used to connect with GCP
- Cloud Launcher
- Cloud Deployment Manager
Google Compute Engine and Networking
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the basics of networking in Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using Google Compute Engine.
Google Cloud Platform Storage Options
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and Google Cloud Bigtable.
- Learn how to choose between the various storage options on Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Integrating Applications with Google Cloud Storage.
Google Container Engine
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Container Engine and Kubernetes.
- Introduction to Hybrid and Multi-Cloud computing (Anthos).
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using Google Container Engine.
Google App Engine and Google Cloud Datastore
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine and Google Cloud Datastore.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using App Engine and Cloud Datastore.
Developing, Deploying and Monitoring in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of template-based creation and management of resources.
- Understand the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
- Lab: Getting Started with Stackdriver and Deployment Manager.
Big Data and Machine Learning in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Lab: Getting Started with BigQuery.
Get to Know the Fundamentals of Google Cloud
You are interested in using the Cloud, and you’ve chosen Google Cloud as your platform. Now it is time to gain the knowledge and skills to get started! This 1-day Foundation level training course provides you with an overview of Google Cloud Platform products and services. We focus on the following topics: Application Development, Business Transformation, Infrastructure, and Security.
Google Cloud Fundamentals Is Perfect for
Developers, Systems Operations Professionals, and Solution Architects planning to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud Platform. You do not need to be familiar with Public Cloud to participate. Familiarity with the Linux command line, web servers, and text editors is recommended.
The Right Format For Your Preferred Learning Style
At Binx we offer four distinct training modalities:
- In-Classroom Training
- Online, Instructor-Led Training
- Hybrid and Blended Learning
- Self-Paced Training
Learn more about our training modalities