This Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure course is the first step in your path to gaining Google Cloud certifications, including the Professional Cloud Architect, Professional Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Security Engineer, Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer, and Professional Cloud Developer.
Join Google and Binx.io for this free-of-charge, one-day, virtual, instructor-led training session on March 18. This training is the most effective way to start your learning and certification journey on Google Cloud. This course has been designed as an introduction to the important concepts and terminology for working with the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) products and services.
Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, experienced trainer Martijn van de Grift will discuss the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud Platform.
- Define the components of Google’s network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Module 2: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud Platform.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management.
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform.
Module 3: Google Compute Engine and Networking
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the basics of networking in Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using Google Compute Engine.
Module 4: Google Cloud Platform Storage Options
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and Google Cloud Bigtable.
- Learn how to choose between the various storage options on Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Integrating Applications with Google Cloud Storage.
Module 5: Google Container Engine
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Container Engine and Kubernetes.
- Introduction to Hybrid and Multi-Cloud computing (Anthos).
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using Google Container Engine.
Module 6: Google App Engine and Google Cloud Datastore
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine and Google Cloud Datastore.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using App Engine and Cloud Datastore.
Module 7: Deployment and Monitoring
- Understand the purpose of template-based creation and management of resources.
- Understand the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
- Lab: Getting Started with Stackdriver and Deployment Manager.
Module 8: Big Data and Machine Learning
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Lab: Getting Started with BigQuery.
Module 9: Summary and Review
- Summary and Review.
- What’s Next?.