Before containerizing workloads and working with clusters on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), you need the right skills and knowledge. Learn about containers and Docker, Kubernetes essentials and how to deploy and create a Continuous Delivery pipeline. 1-day Foundation level GCP training.
What You'll Learn
Introduction to Containers and Docker
- Create a container
- Package a container using Docker
- Store a container image in Google Container Registry
- Launch a Docker container
- Provision a complete Kubernetes cluster using Kubernetes Engine
- Deploy and manage Docker containers using kubectl
- Break an application into microservices using Kubernetes’ Deployments and Services.
Deploying to Kubernetes
- Create a Kubernetes deployment
- Trigger, pause, resume, and rollback updates
- Understand and build canary deployments
Creating a Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Provision Spinnaker or Jenkins in your Kubernetes cluster
- Manage application code in a source repository that can trigger code changes to a continuous delivery pipeline
- Create a continuous delivery pipeline and start it manually or automatically with a code change
- Implement a canary deployment that hosts two versions of your application in production for release testing
This Google Kubernetes Engine training is perfect for
Application developers, Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers and IT managers using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform. To get the most out of the training, experience with the following is recommended: Command-line tools and Linux operating system environments, as well as managing a web server, deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
What Will You Learn During This Training?
The training offers a combination of presentations and hands-on labs. After the training, you will understand container basics and the Kubernetes concepts and principles. You will know how to containerize an existing application, deploy apps to Kubernetes with CLI and create Continuous Delivery pipelines using Spinnaker and/or Jenkins.
The Right Format For Your Preferred Learning Style
At Binx we offer four distinct training modalities:
- In-Classroom Training
- Online, Instructor-Led Training
- Hybrid and Blended Learning
- Self-Paced Training
Learn more about our training modalities