SEPTEMBER 9, 2021 | 9:00 – 17:00 CET | English
One-day introduction to Google Cloud Platform – Presentations, demos, and hands-on labs
This Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure course is the first step in your path to gaining Google Cloud certifications, including the Professional Cloud Architect, Professional Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Security Engineer, Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer, and Professional Cloud Developer.
Join Google and Binx.io for this free-of-charge, one-day, virtual, instructor-led training session on Thursday, September 9. This training is the most effective way to start your learning and certification journey on Google Cloud. This course has been designed as an introduction to the important concepts and terminology for working with the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) products and services.
Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, experienced trainer Martijn van de Grift will discuss the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
This training took place already. Check out the event overview on our homepage to register for upcoming events.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals planning to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud Platform
- Developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects getting started with Google Cloud Platform
- Executives and business decision-makers evaluating the potential of Google Cloud Platform to address their business needs
Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud Platform.
- Define the components of Google’s network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Module 2: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud Platform.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management.
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform.
Module 3: Google Compute Engine and Networking
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the basics of networking in Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using Google Compute Engine.
Module 4: Google Cloud Platform Storage Options
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and Google Cloud Bigtable.
- Learn how to choose between the various storage options on Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Integrating Applications with Google Cloud Storage.
Module 5: Google Container Engine
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Container Engine and Kubernetes.
- Introduction to Hybrid and Multi-Cloud computing (Anthos).
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using Google Container Engine.
Module 6: Google App Engine and Google Cloud Datastore
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine and Google Cloud Datastore.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using App Engine and Cloud Datastore.
Module 7: Deployment and Monitoring
- Understand the purpose of template-based creation and management of resources.
- Understand the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
- Lab: Getting Started with Stackdriver and Deployment Manager.
Module 8: Big Data and Machine Learning
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Lab: Getting Started with BigQuery.
Module 9: Summary and Review
- Summary and Review.
- What’s Next?
About the Trainer
Martijn van de Grift is a cloud consultant at Binx.io who obtained a wide variety of technical AWS & GCP certifications. He loves to share this passion during training sessions and webinars.
Not only is Martijn an Authorized Instructor for both Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform, but he is also an official trainer with IT publisher O’Reilly and a guest lecturer at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences.