Optimize Your Cloud Infrastructure
The Well-Architected Review has been developed to help cloud architects build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for their applications.
By zooming in to five pillars — operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization — the AWS Well-Architected Review provides a consistent approach for your organization to evaluate architectures, and implement designs that will scale over time.
Simple steps become leaps forward
The five steps of a well-architected review
- Interview the involved team members to gather data on your workloads
- Analyze the outcomes, cross-analysis of the workload via the guidance offered by the Framework, and extended with our vision on DevOps, QA, Security, Way of Working
- Write the Well-Architected report, outlining all findings and recommendations.
- Present the results to management, as well as for product owners, product managers, IT management and other stakeholders.
- Handover the remediation plan
Review and Remediate
The value of a well-architected review is instantly visible across multiple facets of your IT organization.
- Understand the potential impact of sub-optimal set-up
- Visibility of risks within your architecture
- A consistent approach to architecture review
- The review results in a remediation plan full of recommendations and actions
- Every stakeholder receives coaching and development of skills
If you decide to remediate with us, AWS will compensate in the form of credits.
Unique Value Proposition
Based on our experience, we can scope the review towards a bigger picture by including other platforms and other parts of the IT environoment in the scan and remediation plan.
Scan Across Hybrid Cloud Workloads
If you work with multiple platforms, we can easily involve our GCP and Azure specialists in the review process.
Extend the Scope
We have a strong background in DevOps, Software Quality, Software Architecture, and Continuous Delivery. We extend the WAF questions with some custom added questions to measure maturity on these topics. If applicable, we could recommend extending the review to these specific domains and include it in the remediation plan.
We Deliver the Plan – You Decide How to Remediate
A review is important and must be taken seriously. The end result of the review is a concrete remediation plan. We believe that the focus of the review should be on the quality of the report. Of course, we are happy to help remediate, but we don’t take it for granted.
Types of Well-Architected Reviews
Based on your needs and situation, we can suggest different types of reviews.
- Isolated workload to get an independent judgment
- Reviewing multiple workloads in a large environment, we offer a tailored review program
We prefer not to review our own individual work. If a consultant has been working on the architecture and infrastructure, we advise inviting other Binx or Xebia consultants to do a review to validate the quality of our work.