This course introduces you to fundamentals, practices, capabilities and tools applicable to modern cloud-native application development using Google Cloud Run. Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn how to design, implement, deploy, secure, manage, and scale new (greenfield) and existing (brownfield) applications on Google Cloud using Cloud Run.
This training is perfect for
Cloud Developers, API Developers, Cloud engineers
What You'll Learn
- Gain detailed understanding of Cloud Run, Google Cloud’s fully managed compute platform for deploying and scaling containerized applications quickly and securely.
- Write and migrate code your way using your favorite languages (Go, Python, Java, Ruby, Node.js, and more).
- Secure service to service communication based on service identities and grant applications only the permissions they need.
- Learn how to build highly available applications with low end-user latency, globally.
- Learn how to connect to, and persist data in the managed database offerings on Google Cloud.
- Understand how abstracting away all infrastructure management creates a simple developer experience.
- Module 1: Introducing Application Development with Cloud Run
- Module 2: Understanding Cloud Run
- Module 3: Building Container Images
- Module 4: Building Container Images
- Module 5: Configuring Service Identity and Authorization
- Module 6: Serving Requests
- Module 7: Using Inbound and Outbound Access Control
- Module 8: Persisting Data
- Module 9: Implementing Service-to-Service Communication
- Module 10: Orchestrating and Automating Serverless Workflows
Before entering this course you could prepare with entering the 2 other trainings in the learning path, starting with GCP Fundamentals Core Infrastructure followed by Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform. Besides that, the following prerequisites are adviced:
- Familiarity with Linux commands and command line interface.
- Basic understanding of Google Cloud.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Basic understanding of one or more programming languages like Go, Python, Java, Ruby, or Node.js.
- Basic understanding of shell scripts, YAML, JSON, HTTP, and TLS.
After this course Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine is the next course within the learning journey. If you completed this, you could study for the Professional Cloud Developer Exam.
- GCP Fundamentals Core Infrastructure
- Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform
- Developing Applications on Google Cloud Run
- Getting started with Google Kubernetes Engine
- Professional Cloud Developer Exam
Instructor: Koen Maes
Koen is a GCP cloud consultant at g-company, where he specialize in building solutions using GCP. He holds a number of technical certifications in GCP on both data and Infrastructure related topics and was part of the first group of Authorized GCP trainers accredited back in 2014.
The Right Format For Your Preferred Learning Style
At Binx we offer four distinct training modalities:
- In-Classroom Training
- Online, Instructor-Led Training
- Hybrid and Blended Learning
- Self-Paced Training
Learn more about our training modalities