This 3-day training course teaches participants techniques for monitoring, troubleshooting, and improving infrastructure and application performance in Google Cloud. Guided by the principles of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), and using a combination of presentations, demos, hands-on labs, and real-world case studies, attendees gain experience with full-stack monitoring, real-time log management and analysis, debugging code in production, tracing application performance bottlenecks, and profiling CPU and memory usage.
This training is perfect for
Cloud architects, administrators, and SysOps, Cloud developers and DevOps
What You'll Learn
- Demonstrate how Apache Beam and Dataflow work together to fulfill your organization’s data processing needs.
- Summarize the benefits of the Beam Portability Framework and enable it for your Dataflow pipelines.
- Enable Shuffle and Streaming Engine, for batch and streaming pipelines respectively, for maximum performance.
- Enable Flexible Resource Scheduling for more cost-efficient performance.
- Select the right combination of IAM permissions for your Dataflow job.
- Implement best practices for a secure data processing environment.
- Select and tune the I/O of your choice for your Dataflow pipeline.
- Use schemas to simplify your Beam code and improve the performance of your pipeline.
- Develop a Beam pipeline using SQL and DataFrames.
- Perform monitoring, troubleshooting, testing and CI/CD on Dataflow pipelines.
- Module 1 Introduction to Google Cloud Monitoring Tools
- Module 2 Avoiding Customer Pain
- Module 3 Alert Policies
- Module 4 Monitoring Critical Systems
- Module 5 Configuring Google Cloud Services for Observability
- Module 6 Advanced Logging and Analysis
- Module 7 Monitoring Network Security and Audit Logs
- Module 8 Managing Incidents
- Module 9 Investigating Application Performance Issues
- Module 10 Optimizing the Costs of Monitoring
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure or equivalent experience
- Basic scripting or coding familiarity
- Proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
After this training course Getting started with Google Kubernetes Engine is the next course within the learning journey. If you completed this, you could study for the Professional Cloud Architect Exam.
- GCP Fundamentals Core Infrastructure
- Developing a Google SRE Culture
- Architecting with Google Cloud: Design & Process
- Logging, Monitoring, and Observability in Google Cloud
- Professional DevOps Engineer Exam
Meet your instructor
We started Binx.io because we know moving to cloud is the single most significant technology shift your company will face over the next decade. We are your trusted advisor on this journey and are determined to build a great company along the way.
We are vendor agnostic and focus on leading cloud technology solutions. We are home to true specialists in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Alibaba Cloud. We deliver cloud consultancy, training and managed services.
The Right Format For Your Preferred Learning Style
At Binx we offer four distinct training modalities:
- In-Classroom Training
- Online, Instructor-Led Training
- Hybrid and Blended Learning
- Self-Paced Training
Learn more about our training modalities